Mountain Gourmet Ski Experience 2020
Experience a Mountain Gourmet Ski Experience at Courmayeur in Italy in March 2020. Where you will be joined by Tom Kerridge who will be attending and skiing for the first time. Claude Bosi, great friend of Tom’s, will be there for the third time, preparing his signature BIBENDUM dishes in rustic mountain environments.
Thursday 12th March – Sunday 15th March 2020
About this event
Guests fly out on Thursday 11 March, in time for a relaxed evening of the best local delicacies, to meet the chefs and their teams. And the best bit is you don’t even have to ski!
The HQ is the Grand Hotel Royal & Golf, situated on the main historic pedestrian street of Courmayeur, where guests and chefs stay for the duration of the event.
During the daytime, guests can enjoy Courmayeur’s skiing domain with ski guides in select groups, dog sledding, a walk on the Mont Blanc glacier and ride on the revolutionary Skyway cable car, or simply enjoy Courmayeur’s mountain restaurants (there are more of these than pistes on the skiing domain!) and the historic village of Courmayeur.
Activities are tailored to guests’ individual requests.
• Airport transfers in small vans
• 1 welcome evening to meet Claude and Tom Kerridge, dinner and wines included
• 1 gourmet tasting dinner: canapés, 2 starters, 1pasta/rice course by host venue, 1 main & 1 dessert: wine list to select from at an additional cost, pairings to be done by Claude & Tom
• 1 rustic tasting dinner: local produce canapés produced live outside Maison Vieille, 1 starter, 1 pasta course by host venue, 1 main and 1 dessert, wine list to select from at an additional cost, pairings to be done by Claude & Tom
• 3 nights accommodation B & B at the Grand Hotel Royal & Golf
• 2 half days ski guiding on the Courmayeur skiing domain
• Cooking demos by Claude Bosi
Dinner on the 15th March is the gourmet tasting evening, showcasing the chefs’ UK signature dishes with a twist of the mountains and influenced by their different approaches, with canapés, 2 starters, 1 main course and one dessert.
The host venue La Chaumière, accessed via cable car and snowmobile, prepares the pasta/rice course, as is appropriate in Italy.
Guests can purchase their preferred wines from the list prepared by the venue, Claude & Tom.
Dinner on the 16th March is the rustic version of gourmet cuisine, located in the suitably rugged Rifugio Maison Vieille, with its tiny kitchen overlooked by Mont Blanc.
The chefs prepare canapés live outside the refuge, using the best local produce and this is followed by a 4-course meal of what the chefs might prepare for friends and family in a sharing style.
The party then goes on until 2am with a great DJ and the last cable car down.